Updated: October 6th, 2009
I don't know about you, but I'm incredibly sick of Facebook quizzes. Yeah, shit like this which occupies 90% of my news feed:
And to make matters worse, Facebook provides no means to block these quizzes and rid your profile of them forever. The only thing you can do is block each individual quiz. But just like weeds in your backyard, when you block one, three more rise up in its place. I know I am not alone here – there are literally billions of people searching for a solution to the plague.
So, what does the tech community do when it is not happy?
- Runs to mommy, crying.
- Drinks heavily, passes out, and comes to work with a keyboard faceprint, dressed as Koolaid.
- Ignores the problem and lives with it (pussy).
- Takes the matters into its own hands and develops a solution.
The correct answers are:
Enter a true geek at heart by the name of Steeev with his Facebook Purity greasemonkey script that was created with the sole purpose of BLOCKING THE FUCKING QUIZZES. Go
Installation is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Install Firefox (you already have that, right?)
- Install the Firefox greasemonkey extension
- Install the Facebook Purity script
Check it out – all quizzes are gone, the script even tells you how many quizzes were blocked:
Pure bliss. Rest quizless now, everyone.
In the meantime, if you found this article useful, feel free to buy me a cup of coffee below.