Updated: November 5th, 2008
I’m learning Python. Since I’m currently primarily a Perl coder, I decided it’d be a good idea to post and keep track of my experiences coming from heavy Perl. I have a few reasons for learning Python, which are:
- to see what else is out there and broaden my horizons.
- to keep my brain active by feeding it new tasty information every day.
- to become a more valuable employee and potential future candidate.
- to learn a new language, especially one used by giants like Google.
- to learn a new OO language, as I’m tired of Perl’s hacky OO.
- to build GUI applications. GUI in Perl is a big pain. I’ll see about Python.
So, without further ado, here are the …